Black Hills Vacation Homes, LLC is a vacation rental management company licensed under the South Dakota Real Estate Commission. Originally established in 2001 and under current ownership since 2005, Black Hills Vacation Homes has been helping guests book fabulous vacations for more than a decade! In that time, we have strived to be tourism-driven and customer-friendly.
Black Hills Vacation Homes, LLC is a broker between the Owner/Landlord and the Guest in a short term rental agreement. We acquire renters, negotiate lodging charges, advertise, and maintain communication with all parties. We reserve the right to manage these areas with our discretion in regards to industry standards, area obligations, as well as state, county, and city regulations.
Our main goals are to help you become successful with your income-producing property by:
- First and foremost, helping you make money on your investment! Monthly statements, payments, sales tax payments, and trust accounting keep you on top of it all.
- Providing state of the art advertising through our internet website and links, various .coms for vacation rental properties, direct email marketing, Chamber of Commerce memberships in Lead, Deadwood, Spearfish, and Sturgis, membership in Black Hills Badlands and Lakes, and local advertising and sponsorship of special events.
- Screening potential guests, collecting and holding damage protection from them, completing rental agreements as required by SDREC.
- Providing detailed rental agreements, maps, and regulations for guests.
- Arranging for cleaning, hot tub maintenance and servicing, yard maintenance, snow removal, scheduling and coordinating needed maintenance.
- Filing initial paperwork for the required Department of Health lodging license and scheduling annual inspections.
We work in partnership with our owners helping them reach their goals. Some ideas owners may consider to assist in ensuring a successful rental include:
- Attention to details and quality of furnishings and amenities and maintaining great condition of the property.
- Providing entertainment options at the home in the form of movies, games, game tables, books, etc.
- Placing ads in their hometown newspapers or notices at their places of employment.
- Referring friends and family.
- Holiday decorating!
- Creating easy access and parking.
We require an annual commitment toward advertising from our owners. Our job is to negotiate through all available advertising avenues to ensure the best possible visibility and proven ideas to help make each rental a success.
For more information on our services and pricing please contact us: